1 Night Safari Package
+27 35 5901555
R3100.00 p/p Excl Transfers
R6400.00 p/p Incl Transfers
On this once-in-a-lifetime, experience extraordinary views both of the bush and the estuary, magnificent African sunrise & sunsets.
- Experience the oldest proclaimed Big 5 reserve in Africa, Hluhluwe Umfolozi Game Reserve, (Half Day Big 5 Safari)
- Explore South Africa’s first World Heritage Site by Boat, 2-Hour Hippo Boat Cruise.
- Learn about the Big 5 and the Isimangaliso Wetlands Park with your knowledgeable game ranger.
- Enjoy a Sunset Safari into a World Heritage Site, iSimangaliso Wetland Park, (3 Hours)
- 4 Star Bed & Breakfast (1 Night Included) At Heritage House
Overview Of Trip
This 1 Night Bush, River & Sunset Safari Package, takes you into the oldest proclaimed park in Africa, Hluhluwe Umfolozi Game Reserve, and then onto the St Lucia Estuary South Africa’s first World Heritage Site. Follow the less traveled road into the Umfolozi Game Reserve, through the spectacular landscapes of this Big 5 Reserve, late afternoon we travel by boat on the St Lucia Estuary, South Africa’s first World Heritage site, and then a Sunset Safari.
Activity Schedule & Itinerary
Hluhluwe Umfolozi Game Reserve, Isimangaliso Wetlands Park, St Lucia / South Africa.
It's an early departure
- 5:00 am board our 4*4 open game drive vehicle as we travel to the Hluhluwe Umfolozi Game Reserve. (6-Hour Bush Safari in an Open Game Drive 4×4)
Once at the Umfolozi Game Reserve Gate (Nylazi gate) your personal guide will offer you some additional information and history on this splendid game reserve and then we set out on a safari in search of the big 5. With rolling hills, and amazing scenery your guide is sure to make this safari a memorable one. Breakfast in the bush, piping hot coffee in hand while listening to the sounds of the African Bush (full continental breakfast included). We travel to the southern section of the Umfolozi past Mpilla as this remains the best-suited area for witnessing Lions, Elephants, Rhinos, and Cheetah not to mention the Wild Dogs that frequent this part of the reserve.
After an eventful morning, we travel to St Lucia, Isimangaliso Wetlands Park ( A World Heritage Site since 1999).
- 4:30 pm we board the Sunset Boat Safari, this 2-hour boat cruise gets us up close to the resident Hippos and Nile Crocodiles basking on the shores of the Estuary.
The total length of the Estuary is 85 km and is one of the largest in Africa. It is estimated that more than 800 Hippos and 1200 Crocodiles reside in the area. The birdlife in the area is magnificent with an amount of 450 species witnessed during the year. Hear the calls of African Fish Eagles, and watch newly born Hippos display child-like tendencies.
- Directly after the boat safari board, the game drive vehicle and you are off on a sunset safari into the iSimangaliso Wetland Park, explore and enjoy this safari, we go in search of the elusive Leopard, Hippo grazing, Buffalo, Elephants, Rhino and so much more it's 3 hours of bush sounds and wonderful wildlife sightings.
1 Night Bush, River, and Sunset Safari Package
This one night package offers a full itinerary with incredible wildlife opportunities.
What To Bring Along
- Camera & Extra Memory Cards
- Binoculars if possible
- Light Jacket
- Sun Block
Due to popular demand from our clients wanting to enjoy an additional night we have decided to discount 1 Additional Nights Accommodation less 25% (Bed & Breakfast). Simply Tick on the 1 Night Package with 1 Extra Night Below to enjoy this wonderful special.
1 Night Bush, River, and Sunset Drive Safari Package
Good To Know
Each Ranger / Skipper is either Theta or FUGASA registered, all rangers are first aid qualified and also have PDP's (professional drivers licences) & Samsa registered Skipper's licences as per the South African Roads Act & Samsa South Africa.
Each individual is passionate about his or her profession, you truly will be bewildered by their information and facts be it in any reserve. Don't waste time sit back and let them get you to the best spots within the reserve's.
Enjoy travelling while in Open Game Drive Safari Vehicle. The fleet of vehicles are Toyota Land Cruisers and Hilux 4x4's. These vehicles have proven themselves as being the most reliable in the African Bush. All Vehicles have protective sides with lockable doors. Hard Tops and roll down sides for your convenience. With extra coolers for bottled water and nice warm blankets for you should you require them. All Vessels offer ample space and only carry 15 passengers per trip ensuring a greater experience.
Some of the Rangers & Skippers
From the moment we contacted Bev we knew we had made the right choice. The communication and support was excellent and nothing was too much trouble. Bev is first class and professional. Our ranger was Skye and you couldn't have wished for a better person.
It was a wonderful and unforgettable experience and Daryn made it worth while! Flora and fauna are breathtakingly beautiful and our guide knew the answers to all our questions.
We are incredibly social and would love you to follow Us