2 Night Hluhluwe Safari Package
Join Us & Discover
This 3 Day 2 Night Safari Package offers a unique and incredible discovery into Zululand and the Surrounding area.
- Exploring from the intimate perspective of your 4*4 Open Game Drive Vehicle, encounter the bush and wildlife of beautiful Hluhluwe Umfolozi Game Reserve close up.
- Venture into Isimangaliso Wetlands Park and spend a day exploring the Wetlands, Game Viewing, Snorkeling through this otherworldly wilderness of protected bays and wetlands wonder.
- Then head of to the St Lucia Estuary on a Boat Cruise to observe Hippo’s, Nile Crocodiles and Birds of Prey.
- Experience the sights & sounds of the African Wilderness on a Full Day-Big5 Safari expedition into Hluhluwe Umfolozi Game Reserve, the oldest proclaimed park in Africa.
- Observe the second highest vegetated sand dunes in the world, grasslands, forests and mangroves in the Isimangaliso Wetlands Park, South Africa’s first World Heritage Site.
- Set out on a Night Drive to possibly see the elusive Leopard, Buffalo, Hippo and many more.
2 Night Hluhluwe Safari Package Overview
Take to the Bush in a Big 5 full day, Open Game Drive Safari Vehicle in one of the wildest places in Africa, Hluhluwe Umfolozi Game Reserve. Gravel roads, rolling hills, hear the roars of the Lion’s .Grasslands and open Plains where Cheetah hunt, watering holes rich with wildlife of every sort, from African Wild Dogs and Elephants to Warthogs. Also included visit a World Heritage Site by day and night while on Safari. An Exceptional Experience in two Exceptional Parks
2 Night Hluhluwe Safari Package Included
- Hippo & Croc Boat Safari
- Night Drive Safari
- Big 5 Safari Full Day Outing (Breakfast and Lunch incl)
- iSimangaliso Park Safari Half Day Outing (Picnic Lunch incl)
- Accommodation (Bed & Breakfast incl)
Transportation & Activities
Accommodation & Meals
- Day1-2 Breakfast, Lunch (dinner own account)
- Day-3 Breakfast, Picnic Lunch
2 Night Hluhluwe Safari Package
Activity Schedule & Itinerary
Day 1 — St Lucia, KwaZulu Natal/South Africa
Arrive at the Durban international airport and meet up with your guide for our short transfer to St Lucia, a tiny community at the edge of Isimangaliso Wetlands Park. Gather for a briefing with your guide and get readied for a 2 hr Sunset Boat Cruise on the St Lucia Estuary to witness Hippo’s, Nile Crocodiles and a wide variety of Estuarine Birds, the same evening you are off on a 2,5 hr Night Drive into the Isimangaliso Wetlands Park.
4 Star Lodging in St Lucia (At Heritage House)
Day 2 — Hluhluwe Umfolozi Game Reserve Big5 Safari
Board a 4×4 open game drive vehicle, early this morning as you are transferred to the Umfolozi Game Reserve on the Southern section of Hluhluwe Umfolozi Game Reserve. We’ll set up breakfast in the bush. See the abundance of animal life in this area. Against a backdrop of rolling hills, thick bush, and open plains, the Big 5 await you, Impala scatter and Giraffe frolic in the open plains. Travel with your knowledgeable guide, taking time to find and observe the exciting wildlife here. Lunch is a traditional South African barbecue in the bush. ( 9 hours safari)
4-star lodging in St Lucia (At Heritage House)
Day 3 — Isimangaliso Wetlands Park
A later start today, 8 am pick up as we head up to Cape Vidal on the lookout for marine life and the Samamgo Monkeys that are prevalent here. The entire area a World Heritage Site offers one grasslands, mangroves, vegetated dunes and pristine beach’s. Snorkel in the protected bay, discovering stunning tropical fish species, hidden coves, and game fish. Stop for a picnic and witness the endangered Samango Monkeys. ( 4-5 hours)
After the excursion, you will be transferred to the airport for your flight home.
R4700.00 p/p Excl Transfers
R7700.00 p/p Incl Transfers
+27 35 5901555
What to Pack & Bring Along
KwaZulu Natal offers one subtropical weather year-round, therefore warm and humid conditions during the Summer months and cooler but still warm winter conditions prevail. Packing essentials should include a light jacket (water-resistant if possible), sunblock, hat, comfortable shoes, bathing suit, mosquito repellant (not a malaria area) and camera if possible. The town of St Lucia has numerous ATM's (Standard Bank, Nedbank, Absa and FNB), an abundance of restaurants from which to choose from as well as shops and curios.
What to bring along on the various Safaris
- Camera and additional battery and memory cards if possible
- Wear comfortable shoes and clothing
- Hat and Sunblock
- If possible a backpack for the camera (dust)
- On the iSimangaliso Wetland Park outing please take a bathing suit along
- On the Night Drive Safari please take a jacket along (blankets are also available)
- On the Hippo Boat Cruise please take a jacket along just incase
Good To Know
Each Ranger / Skipper is either Theta or FUGASA registered, all rangers are first aid qualified and also have PDP's (professional drivers licences) & Samsa registered Skipper's licences as per the South African Roads Act & Samsa South Africa.
Each individual is passionate about his or her profession, you truly will be bewildered by their information and facts be it in any reserve. Don't waste time sit back and let them get you to the best spots within the reserve's.
Enjoy travelling while in Open Game Drive Safari Vehicle. The fleet of vehicles are Toyota Land Cruisers and Hilux 4x4's. These vehicles have proven themselves as being the most reliable in the African Bush. All Vehicles have protective sides with lockable doors. Hard Tops and roll down sides for your convenience. With extra coolers for bottled water and nice warm blankets for you should you require them. All Vessels offer ample space and only carry 15 passengers per trip ensuring a greater experience.
Some of the Rangers & Skippers
We were extremely satisfied with the services provided by Heritage. Everything went without a hitch and all of the guides (Anthony, Temba, Stacy, Darren and Karl) were very knowledgeable and friendly.
We did 4 game-drives with Heritage Tours&Safari: Hluhluwe/iMfolozi game reserve, iSimangaliso day time and night time drive and a cruise on the lake. We saw all the big animals there are to see.
Wonderful experience! The staff is awesome. Bev arranged everything flawlessly via email. (started booking my trip 3 months in advance).
The transport to and from Durban was smooth. The Heritage House was a perfect place to start and finish our days. Thea and the ladies are very kind, and inviting. The breakfast and snacks were very tasty, . Jonathan was our safari guide and his knowledge was incredible... His braai skills were fabulous.... His passion for all of nature was second to none.
Dennis took us on our hippo cruise and was also extremely passionate and knowledgeable.
Wonderful experience from beginning to end with this amazing group!
Thank you for an awesome adventure!