Big 5 Safari to Hluhluwe
Departing Daily from Durban join us and discover Hluhluwe Umfolozi Game Reserve
Durban KwaZulu Natal Big 5 Safari's, an exceptional experience just on your doorstep. Durban is a mere 2,5 hours South of the world acclaimed Hluhluwe Umfolozi Game Reserve. This Big 5 Reserve is nestled in the northern section of KwaZulu Natal. Not only has one the opportunity of witnessing the African Big 5 but some other magnificent wildlife such as Cheetah, African Wild Dogs and much more.
Did You Know
KwaZulu Natal is large in comparison to other provinces in South Africa with a size of 94 361 square kilometers. KwaZulu Natal is also commonly known or refereed to as KZN or Zululand. This province was established in 1994 when Zulu Bantustan of KwaZulu and the Natal Province were merged. Two areas within KwaZulu Natal are declared as world heritage sites namely: iSimangaliso Wetland Park and Drakensberg. Hluhluwe-Imfolozi Park is also the oldest proclaimed reserve in Africa.
Durban Big 5 Safari to Hluhluwe
Durban KwaZulu Natal Big 5 Safari to Hluhluwe Umfolozi Game Reserve KwaZulu Natal South Africa.
Departing daily from Durban we would like to invite you on a extra ordinary Big 5 Safari to the world acclaimed Hluhluwe Umfolozi Game Reserve. The company offers transfers to and from Durban or alternatively you can meet us at the Hluhluwe Umfolozi Game Reserve Gate (Nylazi Gate).
Their are no words that can justifiably describe a safari, seated in a open game drive vehicle mere meters from Elephants or listening to the roars of Lions. Hluhluwe Umfolozi Game Reserve offers 96000 hectares of pristine wilderness, Big 5 and much more. With winding gravel roads and hilly topography one has some incredible views of both wildlife and wilderness. On the full day big 5 safari Heritage Tours & Safaris offers all catering from bush breakfast to a traditional South African Braai, all refreshments and conservation levies are included. All you have to remember is to bring a light jacket, binoculars and camera along.
Hluhluwe offers a multitude of wildlife sightings be it from the comfort of the Open Game Drive Safari Vehicle, Hide or Picnic area one will be astonished by its incredibly beauty.
Travelling from Durban to Hluhluwe Umfolozi is a 2,5 hour drive take the N2 national road. This is a comfortable and save drive. Once at Mtubatuba take the R628 towards Nongoma (Hluhluwe Imfolozi) and travel for a further 28 km to the Nylazi Gate situated in the Umfolozi side of the reserve. Heritage Tours & Safaris also offer half day safari options as well as half day safari and a Boat safari on the St Lucia estuary.
Durban Safari Options
Client Love Reviews
Superb Wildlife Safari
Brilliant full day tour to Imfolozi with David. Great sightings close up of elephant herds, rhinos, impala, giraffe, and from further away, buffalo, cheetah, wildebeest. Good food including nice bbq lunch with steaks and sausages. Very much recommended
Half Day Game Drive
We just had an amazing game drive this morning. We have seen lots of animals and were very lucky to see a cheetah! Our tour guide rick was amazing, we had a lot of fun with him, he knows a lot about the game reserve and the animals and tells a lot during the drive!
Questions about getting started? Drop us a line to find out more!
Big 5 Games Reserves in KwaZulu Natal (KZN) Public and Private
Herewith a short list of both public and private game reserves in KwaZulu Natal:
Public KwaZulu Natal Reserves
1. Hluhluwe Umfolozi Game Reserve This is the oldest proclaimed game reserve in Africa it is home to the Big 5 as well as Cheetah, Wild Dogs and much more. This reserve is large and covers an area of 96000 hectares. It was previously divided into two separate sections namely the Hluhluwe Game Reserve and the Umfolozi Game Reserve, one now can access either side and enjoy both on any single day. With a large array of accommodation options within the reserve, it truly is a must while in KwaZulu Natal.
2. Mkuze Game Reserve
This reserve is currently managed by iSimangaliso Wetland Park and falls within the world heritage site (iSimangaliso). This is a true birders paradise. This reserve is also home to the Big 5 however smaller in size compared to Hluhluwe Umfolozi Game Reserve.
3. Ndumo Game Reserve Situated in the northern section of KwaZulu Natal, an ideal and perfect getaway for the 4x4 enthusiast.
4. Tembe Game Reserve If you are looking for the largest Tuskers well then this is the reserve for you to explore. Situated in the northeast section of KwaZulu Natal bordering the Mozambique border.
5. Ithala Game Reserve Situated in the Northern KwaZulu Natal this reserve has some of the oldest rock formations in the world. Spectacular and Incredible.
6. Kosi Bay From fish trapping to awe-inspiring views this area id tremendous some time on the various waterways and lakes it truly is a must-see while in KwaZulu Natal.
Tips, Advice and Information
Durban Self Drive Safari Tips and Information
Learn All their is to know about the African Big 5
Private Game Reserves in KwaZulu Natal
- Phinda Private Game Reserve ( Big 5 ) with some splendid 5 star accommodation.
- Thanda Private Game Reserve incredible and beautiful
- Nambiti Private Game Reserve magnificent and majestic.